March is National Nutrition Month, and Kelly sheds some light on the essentials for good health. She says, “Getting physically fit is 80% food, %10 movement, %10 sleep and stress reduction.”
So, what are the keys to good health?
- Nutritional balance and healthy body weight
- Get moving and stay in motion
- Recuperative sleep
LISTEN to the program:
Kelly says that we become too busy and neglect ourselves, causing our blood sugar levels to jump all over the place. She adds that when we are stressed, we have a harder time making healthy eating choices. And, stress can lead to a person laying awake in bed thinking and worrying.
A good night’s sleep is crucial in allowing the body to rest and heal. Sleep, 7-8 hrs of good quality sleep, helps us obtain the right hormonal balance that enable us to make the right choices for a longer, healthier life.
Kelly calls herself a “Professional weight loser,” who tried every trick, gadget and diet on the market. But, she found success with Take Shape for Life, a bio network of health coaches. She learned these three things:
- A health coach guides a person’s decision to get healthy
- Use portion control meal replacements along with your food
- Develop habits of health
Kelly says, “It takes time and happens in small steps, but it allows for real change.”
Some more tips:
- Start to keep a journal of your health because it’s easy to fool ourselves and make excuses like, “I’m big boned so I can’t lose weight.”
- Eat every 2-3 hours- and don’t eat sugary foods(look how children eat- they eat until full, every couple of hours)
- Hydration is key
- Follow this:
B- eat Breakfast
E- Exercise & get moving
L- Little Lean meals along the day protein and carbs- sustainable energy for the day
Keep the resolution to become healthier because getting and staying healthy means, “I can better serve family and community.”
It takes baby steps for a long and healthy life.
Is there something holding you back from reaching your full potential? Have you succeeded and can you share some tips? What does a healthy life look like to you? Please share a comment below!